Effective: October 1, 2023
This Policy applies to the information we collect:
- on the Sites;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Sites; and
- in telephone communications between you and the Company.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Sites.
Your Acceptance of this Policy
THIS POLICY REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION (ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS ONLY; I.E., CASE CONSOLIDATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED) IN ORDER TO RESOLVE DISPUTES. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using any of the Sites, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, you are directed to discontinue using and accessing the Company’s Sites. The Company reserves the right to change or update this Policy at any time and without prior notice to you. Your continued access or use of the Sites after such changes or updates indicates your acceptance of the Policy as changed or updated. It is your responsibility to review this Policy regularly for any changes or updates.
Acknowledgement of Risks
By using the Company’s Sites, you acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations including but not limited to: (1) the global accessibility of the Company’s Sites on the Internet; (2) the technological limitations of security, privacy, and authentication measures and features on Internet sites and specifically on the Company’s Sites; (3) the risk that data or information is transmitted to or from the Company’s Sites may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, “impostering”, tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, denial of service attacks, nuking, system contamination (including computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, defects, date bombs, time bombs, malware, ransomware, bugs, executables or other items of a destructive nature or any other malicious computer codes, scripts, applications or programs) causing unauthorized, damaging, or harmful access to and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer or network; (4) the risk that data or information on any of the Company’s Sites may be subject to other security or privacy hazards, may not reach its destination, or may reach an erroneous address or recipient; (5) unauthorized access by third parties; and (6) the content or the privacy policies of other websites, social media websites, platforms, and applications, including without limitation those to which the Company may link or be linked.
Information We Collect About You
When you use our Sites, the Company and/or our third party service providers collect certain information about you. Among the types of information from and about users of our Sites that we collect includes:
- Identifiers. This includes any information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, account credentials, birth date, zip code, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- Commercial Information. Such as your order information, including related transaction information such as payment method, order status, goods and/or services purchased;
- Communications Information. Including information that you provide during communications and interactions with us, which may include the content of email messages and phone calls. This may also include information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites or that you otherwise Post (as such term is defined below) on the Sites. This may also include information you provide when you report a problem with our Sites. Internet or other Electronic Network Activity Information. Including your Internet connection information such as your IP address, your operating system, and browser type, the equipment you use to access our Sites, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, web beacons, device and browser settings and information, interactions with our Sites, information about how and when you access our Sites, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the website or URL to which you go upon leaving the Sites, and other usage details.
- Geolocation Information. Including device information when using our Sites (if your device settings permit us to collect this information).
- Inferences. We may use information about or derived from the information above including technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
(collectively, “personal information”).
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Sites collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
You also may post, submit, transmit, upload or otherwise provide (hereinafter, “Post”) information, including without limitation posts, comments and reviews to be published or displayed on the Sites, or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Content” and, together with personal information and Automatic Data (as such term is defined below), “User Data”). Your User Content is Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain portions of the Sites, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns (collectively, “Automatic Data”).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited certain webpages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content on the Website and verifying system and server integrity).
- “Cookies”, “Flash Cookies” and “Web Beacons” (collectively, “User Attribution Devices”) help facilitate and enhance the Sites’ communications and interactions with you. The Company may share information collected via User Attribution Devices with third parties, including without limitation advertising, analytics and social media websites, platforms and applications, to inform, optimize and serve information and content to you, including without limitation advertisements. You may opt-out of collection and use of information by certain User Attribution Devices in connection with your use of the Sites by: (i) visiting http://optout.aboutads.info/; and/or (ii) setting your Internet browser to refuse certain types of User Attribution Devices, such as cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information about our users, including without limitation any User Data, in aggregated, anonymized and/or non-personally identifiable form, without restriction (except to the extent prohibited by applicable law).
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as described in this Policy, including without limitation any User Data:
- To personalize your experience on the Sites.
- To improve our customer service.
- To present our Sites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including without limitation to provide you with updates regarding any order for products that you make.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products we offer or provide though it.
- To administer a contest, sweepstakes, other promotion, survey or other feature of the Sites.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To comply with legal processes and safety requirements, including to maintain the security of our customers, employees, and property, respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests, as well as to address legal and regulatory compliance purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
You expressly consent to the Company using your User Data, including without limitation your name, phone number, address and email address, to contact you regarding your activities on the Sites, including without limitation regarding any transaction or review on the Sites. We may also use your User Data to contact you about Company news and updates and about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Storage and Retention of User Data
The Company considers protecting the security of your User Data important. The Company follows generally accepted administrative, technical, and physical industry standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, the Company cannot and does not guarantee the security of any User Data,. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You must protect the privacy of your own information. You are solely responsible for the security of all such information at all times. You must take precautions to protect the security of all User Data that you may transmit to, from or through the Sites over any home networks, routers, private wireless (WiFi) networks, public WiFi networks, and all other communication technologies. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites, for the unauthorized acts of others, or for acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Your personal information and all User Data are stored by the Company on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services the Company engages, located in the United States. We will retain your User Data for as long as you remain a customer, for which we need to hold your User Data to deliver our products and services to you, and for a period of time thereafter as long as necessary for legal reasons or to protect our interests. For more information about how long your User Data is stored, and for more information on your rights for erasure or portability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Parties and Information We Disclose
Other than as set forth above and discussed in this section, we will not collect or use your User Data when you use our Sites, unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
We may disclose any information about our users, including without limitation any User Data, in aggregated, anonymized and/or non-personally identifiable form, without restriction (except to the extent prohibited by applicable law).
We may disclose information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as described in this Policy, including without limitation any User Data:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep the information that we disclose about you confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a subsidiary, affiliate, buyer, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, consolidation, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, insolvency, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by the Company about you is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Otherwise with your consent.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
To process your User Data, we rely upon your consent, contract performance, our legitimate business interest, or compliance with law. You may object or restrict our processing of your User Data. You may withdraw any prior consent you may have given to process your User Data at any time. It is also within your rights to refuse to provide any User Data we request. However, refusal to provide certain User Data may limit your access to information or use of the Sites.
Should you wish to access or amend any User Data you may have provided to us or if you wish to request deletion, please contact email@example.com.
You may also exercise the following controls over your User Data:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase or other related transactions.
In any such case of your withdrawal of consent, you acknowledge that there may be a delay before the Company fully implements your request and you may therefore still be contacted by the Company for a period of time thereafter. Notwithstanding your withdrawal of consent, the Company may subsequently contact you for other purposes that are unrelated to marketing and/or selling, including without limitation legal or regulatory purposes. Please be aware that applicable laws, statues, rules and/or regulations may require or permit the collection, processing, retention, use and disclosure of your User Data without your consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, pursuant to applicable laws, statues, rules and/or regulations or other reasons, there may be circumstances in which you may not withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, use, retention and disclosure of your User Data.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website located at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Most Internet browsers can be set to transmit digital “Do Not Track” requests to websites. Such sites may but are not required to comply with “Do Not Track” requests. At this time, the Website does not respond to any digital “Do Not Track” requests.
The Company’s Social Media Sites
The Website is not marketed to or intended for users under the age of eighteen (18). No one under the age eighteen (18) may provide any personal information, or User Data, to or on the Website. The Company is committed to the safety of children and to protecting the online privacy of children. The Company does not request or knowingly collect any User Data from children under the age of eighteen. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of eighteen, please contact us at email@example.com.
Rights of Certain Types of Users
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights with regard to your User Data. These rights may include the following rights to (1) access or correct your User Data, (2) request the deletion of your User Data, (3) request to opt out of certain processing or another restriction on the processing of your User Data, (4) request a portable form of your User Data, (5) object to the processing of your User Data, or (6) exercise other rights with respect to your User Data. To learn more about the User Data we collect about you or the rights you may have, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Users
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), if you are a user residing in the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (UK), you have certain rights to your User Data, including the rights of access, correction, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability, as well as the right to withdraw consent to certain processing of your User Data.
The Company’s (1) legitimate interests and legal basis for processing your User Data; (2) categories of personal data we collect; and (3) storage and retention period of your User Data are set forth above. If the Company engages in any transfer of your User Data outside of the jurisdiction of collection or your residence, we will seek your consent as discussed above and/or transfer such User Data in accordance with the GDPR.
While we strongly encourage you to first raise any questions or concerns about your User Data directly with us, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. To exercise any of the rights listed in this section, or to contact the Company’s data protection officer, please contact us at email@example.com.
For users residing in other international countries, if you provide us with User Data, you understand that your User Data will be transferred to and processed in the United States of America and any other country or jurisdiction at our sole discretion. The laws that apply to the use and protection of User Data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions in which we transfer or process your User Data may be different from the laws and protections in your country. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions concerning your User Data.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
For business purposes for the last twelve (12) months, the Company may have collected, used, and shared User Data about you as described in this Policy. The categories of User Data that the Company may have collected and used are set forth above. California residents have the right to request a copy of, access to, make revisions, or seek deletion of their User Data. California residents may also opt out of the sale of their User Data.
California residents can also designate an authorized agent to submit requests on their behalf. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the identity and authority of your authorized agent prior to complying with any request. The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of legal rights under the CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
Annually, California residents may request and obtain information about the User Data that the Company has shared with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes within the prior calendar year (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83, commonly known as California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of User Data that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which the Company shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line as well as in the body of your message. The Company shall then furnish any applicable requested information to your email address.
Other United States Users
For users residing in Colorado, Connecticut, Montana, Virginia, Tennessee, Texas, or Utah, and in other such states not explicitly listed, state law grants you additional rights with regard to your User Data under applicable law. You or your legally designated representative may submit a request to exercise your User Data rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
1490 North Clinton Avenue
Bay Shore, New York 11706
Or you may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.